Whether it is a means of transportation or an exercise you do for pleasure, cycling is a popular activity amongst all ages. While you are cycling, it is important that you are staying hydrated. One hands-free way of staying hydrated is by using a hydration pack. The purpose of this article is to make you, the reader, more informed about the best hydration pack for road cycling.
At quenchingyourthirst.com, we have researched many hydration packs. We have hand-picked our top 5 best hydration pack for road cycling.
What Are We Looking For?
While researching and reviewing the best hydration pack for road cycling, we rated them on the following categories:
- You will be wearing your hydration pack for extended periods of time, so you will want it to be comfy. Bladders should easily fit in pouches, and not bulge out or dig into your back. You should be able to securely fasten the pack to your body so it does not bounce when you get up off your seat, or when you are cycling over bumpy terrain.
- Typically speaking, hydration packs do not come in multiple sizes. Thus, they need to be easily adjustable to fit a wide range of body sizes. The three main locations a hydration backpack can be adjusted are the shoulder straps, the chest strap, and the waistband strap. Hydration packs should have the adjustability to fit snug on your body.
Bladder Size and Design
- Hydration bladders come in a variety of different volumes. A standard size for a road cycling pack is 2L. This should be more than adequate to keep you hydrated during long cycling adventures.
- The design of the bladder is important. Wide screw caps (~2″ or 5.1 cm in diameter) are great for easily cleaning the bladder, and also allow you to add ice to keep your water extra cold.
- There should be a tight connection between the hose and the bladder to ensure there are no leaks. Soft mouthpieces help you to control the water intake by only allowing water to flow when biting. This also helps control unwanted leaks.
- For increased mobility and comfort, you want to minimize the weight of your hydration pack while road cycling. A 2L bladder full of water will weigh about 4.5 lbs (2.0 kg), so the rest of your pack should be lightweight. In this article, pack weights range from 0.8 lbs to 2.0 lbs (0.36 kg to 0.91 kg) when empty.
- The packs are designed for multi-purposes after all. You will want some extra compartments to store your jacket, keys, phone, and other accessories. Most hydration packs are designed with the bladder pouch and at least one other compartment.
Considering all that was discussed above, our top 5 picks reviewed in this article include hydration packs from (1) KUYOU, (2) TETON Sports, (3) REINOS, (4) Vibrelli, and (5) Mubasel Gear.
Some general details for each of the top 5 best hydration pack for road cycling can be seen in the comparison table below.
Scroll from right to left on a mobile device to view hidden options.
|Type||KUYOU||TETON Sports||REINOS||Vibrelli||Mubasel Gear|
|Weight||1.1 lbs (0.50 kg)||2.0 lbs (0.91 kg)||1.2 lbs (0.54 kg)||0.88 lbs (0.40 kg)||0.80 lbs (0.36 kg)|
Keep scrolling down to see detailed reviews and pictures for the top 5 best hydration pack for cycling.
1. KUYOU Hydration Pack with 2L Water Bladder
The cycling hydration pack from KUYOU weighs only 1.1 lbs (0.50 kg) and is designed from nylon. The nylon is durable, resistant to wear and tear, but still provides a comfortable and breathable mesh back panel.
Adjustable shoulder straps firmly hug the hydration pack around your body, reducing the movement while cycling.
The hydration pack is available in 5 colors: black, blue, green, orange and red. Also included with the lightweight pack is a 2L water bladder.
The bladder features a handy dustproof cover, a soft mouthpiece, and a leakproof connection. Although a 2L water reservoir is included with each purchase, the pack is designed to fit 1.5L up to 3L bladders.
Some additional notable features for the KUYOU hydration pack include:
- Water bladders successfully passed:
- 24-hour vibration test
- 24-hour swing test
- pneumatic pressure test
- Two-layer design – extra storage for accessories like keys, phone, wallet, etc.
- Adjustable straps – one size fits all comfortably (women, men, and kids)
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the KUYOU hydration pack.
2. TETON Sports Oasis 1100 Hydration Pack with 2L Water Bladder
The 1100 cubic inches or 18L hydration pack by TETON Sports is great for long day cycling adventures. Included with the TETON Oasis 1100 is a 2L hydration bladder.
The bladder features a push-lock bite valve, a 2″ (5.08 cm) diameter opening for easy filling and cleaning, and a kink free-sip tube.
Ergonomic, adjustable shoulder straps were designed for all-day comfort. While the chest strap helps secure the pack to all body sizes.
Weighing only 2 lbs (0.91 kg), the pack has multiple pockets for storing extra clothing, food, and accessories. This Oasis hydration pack by TETON Sports is available in 5 colors: black, bright blue, bright green, green and orange.
Some additional notable features of the TETON Sports Oasis 1100 hydration pack include:
- Dual Purpose Chest Strap Buckle – also includes a safety whistle
- Integrated Rain Cover – keeping your packs contents dry when the weather is not co-operating
- Compression Straps – helps tighten your pack to reduce bounce while cycling
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the TETON Sports Oasis 1100 hydration pack.
3. REINOS Hydration Backpack with 2L Water Bladder
The 1.2 lbs (0.54 kg) hydration backpack by REINOS is designed from durable, waterproof material. The stylish pack is available in 25 colors, and along with cycling, was designed for multi-use outdoor adventures.
Included with the purchase is a 2L water bladder that fits efficiently in the main compartment. A second zippered pocket, located on the side of the pack, is great for storing small accessories.
Adjustable and breathable shoulder straps help distribute the weight of the pack across both shoulders. The chest strap, which includes an emergency whistle, fits chest sizes 26″ to 52″ (66.0 cm to 132.1 cm).
Both straps also help to reduce the pack uncomfortably bouncing while cycling.
Some additional notable features of the REINOS hydration backpack include:
- Water Bladder – silicone bite valve, dust cover, and leak-proof connector
- Mesh Back Panel – highly ventilated for air circulation
- 3M Reflective Stripes – increased visibility for safe cycling while in dim lit conditions
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the REINOS hydration backpack.
4. Vibrelli Hydration Backpack with 2L Hydration Bladder
The Vibrelli cycling hydration backpack has you covered for all your cycling adventures. The lightweight pack, weighing just 0.88 lbs (0.40 kg), was designed from 420D rip-stop honeycomb fabric.
This custom woven nylon fabric is water-resistant and extremely durable. Designed for comfort while riding, the Vibrelli pack features adjustable shoulder straps, chest strap, and waistband.
Include with the Vibrelli backpack is a 2L hydration bladder and anti-microbial hose. These are both made from high quality, medical-grade material.
The adjustable hose clip allows the bite valve to sit at the perfect height for all cyclists. Available in colors black, sky blue and tiger orange, the Vibrelli hydration pack will be sure to keep you hydrated on your next cycle.
Some additional notable features of the Vibrelli hydration backpack include:
- Insulated Bladder Pocket – keeps water cold and separates hydration and storage compartments
- High Flow Bite Valve – designed for maximum flow and on/off locking positions, preventing water leaks
- Adjustable Bungee Strap – great for storing jacket or helmet to outside of backpack
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the Vibrelli hydration backpack.
5. Mubasel Gear Hydration Pack with 2L Bladder
Mubasel Gear has designed a lightweight (0.8 lbs, 0.36 kg) hydration pack that is available in four colors: a purple base option, as well as three black base options with red, blue, and lemon colored zippers.
The hydration pack is made from high-quality waterproof nylon material. Also included is a 2L BPA free bladder. The bladder is stored in an insulated compartment that keeps liquid cold for up to 4 hours.
The pack features 3 pockets: 2 side zippered pockets, and a large mesh compression pocket on the outside. The stretch mesh pocket is great for stashing jackets, snacks, and other accessories.
Adjustable shoulder straps help reduce the movability of the pack while cycling. Breathable mesh back panel helps circulate airflow while sweating and foam padding increases comfort during long rides.
Some additional notable features of the Mubasel Gear hydration pack include:
- Durable Material – bladder can bear over 160 lb (72.6 kg)
- Large Screw Cap Opening – great for adding ice to water
- 3 Independent Compartments – holds all your accessories while cycling
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the Mubasel Gear hydration pack.
In this article, we researched and reviewed our top 5 best hydration pack for road cycling. Our top 5 included (1) KUYOU, (2) TETON Sports, (3) REINOS, (4) Vibrelli, and (5) Mubasel Gear.
We rated the best hydration pack for road cycling on the following categories:
- Bladder Size and Design
- Extra Compartments
For any comments, questions or feedback you might have, please send us a message through our contact form.
Just Looking For A Cycling Water Bottle?
Not interested in a hydration pack for road cycling, but still looking to stay hydrated while on your bike? We recently wrote an article titled Best Insulated Water Bottle For Cycling, that you can check out if you are just looking for a water bottle. Our top pick for best-insulated water bottle for cycling was: