Cycling can be a great way to enjoy the outdoors, provide a mode of transportation, or a way to increase your cardiovascular and strength training. Regardless of the reason you choose to cycle, it is important that you are staying hydrated. And hydrated with cold water. The purpose of this article is to make you, the reader, more informed in regards to the best insulated water bottle for cycling.
At quenchingyourthirst.com, we have researched many cycling water bottles. We have hand-picked our top 5 favorites for the best insulated water bottle for cycling.
What Are We Looking For?
While researching and reviewing the best insulated water bottle for cycling, we rated them on the following categories:
- This article is all about bottles designed to keep your water cold. And cold for extended periods of time while cycling. Gone are the days where your water is warm by the time you are finished your ride.
- Historically, a stainless-steel vacuum insulated bottle design has been the answer for keeping liquids cold. However, this solution is unpractical for cycling as bottles are heavy and un-squeezable. As you’ll read in this article, companies have designed several squeezable-insulated solutions.
- The primary use of these water bottles is for cycling. It is important the water bottle fits in all standard sized bottle cages. A standard bottle cage is 2.875″ (7.3 cm) in diameter. Bottles should be sized accordingly so they fit snug in the cage.
- You should easily be able to squeeze the water bottle, allowing pressure to build up and release a strong burst of water. The insulated design (thicker material, double-walled, etc.) should not have an impact on the ability to easily squeeze your bottle.
- The water bottle should be self-sealing. This includes being:
- leak-proof – if the bottle is flipped upside down, and
- drip-free – after use when the pressure from your squeeze has been released
Considering all that was discussed above, our top 5 picks reviewed in this article include (1) CamelBak Podium Chill, (2) Polar Bottle, (3) CamelBak Podium Big Chill, (4) Pro Bike Tool, and (5) CamelBak Podium Ice.
Some general details for each of the top 5 best insulated water bottles for cycling can be seen in the comparison table below.
Scroll from right to left on a mobile device to view hidden options.
|Type||Podium Chill||Polar Bottle||Podium Big Chill||Pro Bike Tool||Podium Ice|
|Size||21, 24 oz||20, 24 oz||25 oz||24 oz||21 oz|
|Weight||3.5 oz||5.1 oz||4.6 oz||4.0 oz||5.4 oz|
|Fits In Cage||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Keep scrolling down to see detailed reviews and pictures for the top 5 best insulated water bottle for cycling.
1. CamelBak Podium Chill Insulated Water Bottle
The CamelBak Podium Chill Insulated Water Bottle is one of several CamelBak water bottles designed specifically for cycling. Podium Chill is available in a 21 oz (600 ml) and 24 oz (710 ml) size.
Both bottles measure 2.9″ (7.3 cm) in diameter, while the 21 oz is 9.4″ (23.8 cm) in height, and the larger 24 oz option is 10.5″ (26.6 cm).
A feature on most CamelBak cycling water bottles, the self-sealing jet valve is designed from medical grade, self-sealing silicone. This ensures the cap is spill-free while also delivering a strong flow of water when squeezed.
Some additional notable features for the CamelBak Podium Chill Insulated water bottle include:
- Double-Walled Construction – keeping your water colder for extended periods of time
- Easy Clean – all parts separate ensuring a thorough clean
- Cage Fit – optimized to fit securely in standard-sized bottle cages
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the CamelBak Podium Chill Insulated water bottle.
2. Polar Bottle Insulated Water Bottle
Polar Bottle has been keeping liquids cold since 1994. Their insulated sport water bottle has evolved over the years due to continued research and development. It continues to be one of the best products on the market today.
The cycling water bottle comes in 20 oz and 24 oz sizes. Both sizes have a diameter of 3″ (7.6 cm). The smaller bottle has height of 9″ (22.9 cm) and the larger bottle has a height of 10.4″ (26.4 cm).
Polar Bottle has designed a water bottle that keeps liquids cold twice as long as standard bottles. This is due to their dual-wall insulation.
The dual-wall includes the water bottle inner, a reflective liner, and a clear outer. The water bottle is BPA free and fits in all standard sized bike cages.
Some additional notable features for the Polar Bottle Insulated water bottle include:
- Removable Carry Loop – great for carrying or clipping onto bags
- ZipStream – pressure builds in the bottle when squeezed, releasing a strong burst of water
- Cleaning – no need to get your hands dirty, this water bottle is dishwasher safe
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the Polar Bottle Insulated Water Bottle.
3. CamelBak Podium Big Chill 25oz Insulated Water Bottle
Also included in the CamelBak Podium water bottle product line is the Big Chill. It is an insulated high-performance water bottle, with a volume capacity of 25 oz or 739 ml.
The bottle measures 10.9″ (27.7 cm) in height and 2.9″ (7.4 cm) in diameter.
The insulated water bottle keeps contents colder, for longer. This is possible due to its double-walled, closed-cell foam technology design. It is easy to maintain a strong grip while squeezing the body of the water bottle. This ensures a concentrated flow of water.
Some additional notable features for the CamelBak Podium Big Chill Insulated water bottle include:
- Material – 100% Nylon
- Lockout Dial – guarantees leak-proof transporting
- Jet Valve – self-sealing valve prevents unwanted drips
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the CamelBak Podium Big Chill Insulated water bottle.
4. Pro Bike Tool Insulated Bike Water Bottle
Pro Bike Tool’s, Insulated water bottle comes in one, 24 oz (680 ml) size. This 100% BPA-free, easy-squeeze bottle measures 3″ (7.6 cm) in diameter and 9.8″ (24.9 cm) in height.
Drinks stay colder, for longer, with Pro Bike Tool’s insulation technology. To minimize heat transfer through conduction, they use two separate bottles with an insulating layer in between.
Hydrate quickly with the fast flow valve, which releases more water per squeeze. Designed for both road cycling and mountain biking, it fits in all standard bottle cages.
The bottle also includes a bonus carry loop. This removable loop allows for easy attachment to a backpack. When you’re not using a bike, the carry loop is very useful for day-to-day travel.
Some additional notable features for the Pro Bike Tool Insulated Bike water bottle include:
- High-density Polyurethane Foam – wraps around the inner bottle, creating a strong insulation layer
- High Elastic Technology (HET) Material – strong, thinner material for the body of the bottle, making it easier to squeeze
- No Annoying Squeeze Sounds – typically heard from bottles with foil insulation
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the Pro Bike Tool Insulated Bike water bottle.
5. CamelBak Podium Ice Insulated Water Bottle
CamelBak has a strong grasp on the best insulated water bottle for the cycling category. As you can see from top picks 1, 3, and now 5 in this article.
The third and final CamelBak product we review in this article is the Podium Ice. The Podium Ice comes in a 21 oz (621 ml) size, with a 2.9″ (7.4 cm) diameter and a 10.4″ (26.4 cm) height.
Differentiating itself from the previous CamelBak Podium’s reviewed, the Podium Ice has been designed with Aerogel insulation.
This type of insulation keeps water cold four times longer than other bottles on the market. Consistent with other CamelBak Podium water bottles, the Ice also features a self-sealing jet valve and an easy-squeeze design.
Some additional notable features for the CamelBak Podium Ice Insulated water bottle include:
- Material – 100% BPA, BPS and BPF free
- Aerogel Insulation – keeping water 4 times colder
- Taste – no flavor transfer, taste only your beverage
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the CamelBak Podium Ice Insulated water bottle.
In this article, we researched and reviewed our top 5 favorites for the best insulated water bottle for cycling. Our top 5 included (1) CamelBak Podium Chill, (2) Polar Bottle, (3) CamelBak Podium Big Chill, (4) Pro Bike Tool, and (5) CamelBak Podium Ice.
We rated the best insulated water bottle for cycling on the following categories:
- Insulated Design
- Cage Fit
- Easy Squeeze
For any comments, questions or feedback you might have, please send us a message through our contact form.