Choosing a water bottle to full-fill the requirements of your everyday lifestyle is an important decision. It can also be a difficult decision considering the amount of options on the market today. The purpose of this article is to help you, the reader, make an informed decision before purchasing your next water bottle.
At quenchingyourthirst.com, we have researched a wide range of water bottles on the market today and hand-picked our top 5 best water bottles for daily use.
What Are We Looking For?
We rated water bottles based on the following two main categories:
(1) What purpose should a water bottle serve that you will be using daily?
(2) How well will the water bottle perform in the various scenarios you encounter on a daily basis?
For everyday use, you want a water bottle that is:
- When the water bottle gets knocked over on your desk, is that report going to need to be re-printed? Or when it is flipped over in the bottom of your backpack, are those textbooks getting ruined?
Can Travel Easily
- Does it easily fit in your backpack, purse or briefcase, or is it awkward in size? Is there a hook or loop to clip it to your bag? It can be difficult to transport your water bottle if it is not practical in size.
Keeps Contents Cold and Fresh
- After all this is a daily use water bottle, it is important that it keeps contents cold and fresh for extended periods of time.
Approx. 18 – 40 oz (0.5 – 1.2 L) in Size
- The water bottle should be large enough that you aren’t required to constantly be refilling it, however, it should still be easy to travel with.
Ideally the water bottle you select to accompany you throughout your busy schedule is one that is suitable for various scenarios, such as:
- Transportation – public transit or personal vehicle
- A busy office or work environment
- Physical activity
- Nightly entertainment
- Around your household
Considering all that was discussed above, our top 5 picks reviewed in this article include (1) Hydro Flask Water Bottle – Stainless Steel & Vacuum Insulated – Wide Mouth, (2) Contigo Autoseal Chill Water Bottle, (3) Takeya Originals Vacuum-Insulated Stainless-Steel Water Bottle, (4) HYDRO CELL Stainless Steel Water Bottle, and (5) Nalgene Tritan Widemouth Water Bottle.
Some general details of each of the 5 best water bottles for daily use can be seen in the comparison table below.
Scroll from right to left on a mobile device to view hidden options.
|Type||Hydro Flask||Contigo||Takeya Originals||HYDRO CELL||Nalgene|
|Size||32 - 40 oz||24 oz||18 - 40 oz||18 - 40 oz||32 oz|
|Keeps Cold||24 hrs||28 hrs||24 hrs||24 hrs||Unknown|
|Body Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Tritan Plastic|
Keep scrolling down to see detailed reviews and pictures of each water bottle.
1. Hydro Flask Water Bottle – Stainless Steel & Vacuum Insulated
This wide mouth, stainless steel, vacuum insulated water bottle comes in two sizes: 32 oz (946 ml) or 40 oz (1180 ml).
The diameter is consistent amongst the two sizes, 3.56″ (9.04 cm), but the height differs, 9.1″ (23.1 cm) for the smaller size and 10.4″ (26.4 cm) for the larger.
The Straw Lid (included) allows you to sip the perfect amount of liquid without ever having to remove the lid. The finger loop is great for carrying the water bottle by hand, or useful to clip to your backpack.
All wide mouth water bottles by Hydro Flask are also compatible with the Flip Lid, and Flex Cap, but these are sold separately.
Some additional notable features for the Hydro Flask water bottle include:
- TempShield Technology – double-wall vacuum insulation ensures temperature regulation throughout the day
- Proprietary Powder Coat – easy to grip for all weather conditions
- Pro-Grade Stainless Steel – ensures there is no flavor transfer while also providing strength and durability
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the Hydro Flask water bottle.
2. Contigo Autoseal Chill Water Bottle
This Autoseal Chill water bottle from Contigo comes in one 24 oz (710 ml) size. The diameter is 2.75″ (7 cm) and the height is 11″ (27.9 cm). Various color options are available depending on your preference.
The vacuum insulated, stainless steel body keeps your drinks cold for up to 28 hours, while the possibility of spills are eliminated with Contigo’s registered Autoseal technology.
The water bottle includes a carry handle which makes it easy to grab and go if not clipping it to a bag. The stainless steel body must be hand-washed, but the lid is safe to put in the top rack of your dishwasher.
Some additional notable features of the Contigo water bottle include:
- Spout Cover – it protects the spout from germs and debris, just flip it open when ready to drink
- One-Handed Drinking – press the button to sip, the water bottle automatically seals upon releasing
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the Contigo Autoseal Chill water bottle.
3. Takeya Originals Vacuum-Insulated Stainless-Steel Water Bottle
Takeya Insulated Stainless Steel bottles comes in sizes 18 oz (530 ml), 24 oz (700 ml), 32 oz (950 ml), and 40 oz (1200 ml). All bottle are 3.75″ (9.5 cm) in diameter but range in height from 9.25″ (23.5 cm) up to 11.63″ (29.5 cm).
The food-grade stainless steel design is rust-resistant and toxin-free. A handy clip on the lid is a great handle to carry the water bottle as well as attach it to other accessories. Amongst other things, the double-wall insulation keeps drinks cold for 24 hours.
Some additional notable features of the Takeya Originals water bottle include:
- Double-Wall Insulation – no transfer of flavor and does not sweat
- Spout Design – leak-proof lid with an innovative hinge to keep the cap out of the way while drinking
- Powder Coat – easy to grip in all weather conditions
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the Takeya Originals water bottle.
4. HYDRO CELL Stainless Steel Water Bottle
Each HYDRO CELL stainless steel water bottle comes with two lids (1) an airtight wide mouth lid and, (2) a sports cap straw lid. It should be noted the straw lid is not completely airtight.
The stainless steel water bottle comes in various sizes from 18 oz (530 ml), 24 oz (700 ml), 32 oz (950 ml), and 40 oz (1200 ml).
The water bottle features a double-wall to ensure there is no condensation, and the outer coating is designed to be slip-resistant for use during all activities.
Some additional notable features of the HYDRO Cell water bottle include:
- Insulated Chamber – liquids stay cold for 24 hours
- High-Grade Material – 18/8 stainless steel, resistant to rust
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the HYDRO CELL water bottle.
5. Nalgene Tritan Widemouth Bottle
Nalgene’s classic Tritan widemouth water bottle has been around for decades without the design changing; this says a lot about the quality of their product.
It comes in one 32 oz (1000 ml) size, measuring 8.25″ (21.5 cm) in height, and 3.5″ (8.9 cm) in diameter.
As per the name, the bottle is made from Tritan, which is an impact-resistant plastic. Built for the avid adventurer, the Tritan was designed to withstand scrapes, bumps and drops against hard surfaces.
However, without a stainless steel or insulated design, it is unsure how long Nalgene guarantee contents to stay cold and fresh.
Some additional notable features of the Nalgene Tritan include:
- Completely Leak Proof – carefully designed threads keep the bottle sealed tight in all scenarios
- Easy to Clean – bottle and lid are 100% dishwasher safe
- Widemouth (6.3 cm) – allows for easy connection to most filtration devices
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the Nalgene Tritan water bottle.
In this article we researched and reviewed our top 5 picks for best water bottle for daily use.
Our top 5 included (1) Hydro Flask Water Bottle – Stainless Steel & Vacuum Insulated – Wide Mouth, (2) Contigo Autoseal Chill Water Bottle, (3) Takeya Originals Vacuum-Insulated Stainless-Steel Water Bottle, (4) HYDRO CELL Stainless Steel Water Bottle, and (5) Nalgene Tritan Widemouth Water Bottle.
We rated water bottles on two main categories:
- What purpose should a water bottle serve that you will be using daily?
- How well will the water bottle perform in the various scenarios you encounter on a daily basis?
For any other comments, questions or feedback you might have, please send us a message through our contact form.