Studies show that when drinking cold water, you are able to exercise for extended periods of time without feeling exhausted. Regardless of scientific studies, many can agree that there is nothing worse than taking a sip from your water bottle on a hot day, only to realize the water is warm. The purpose of this article is to make you, the reader, more informed about the best water bottle for keeping drinks cold, before purchasing your next water bottle.
At quenchingyourthirst.com, we have researched many water bottles. We have hand-picked our top 5 for the best water bottle for keeping drinks cold.
What Are We Looking For?
While researching and reviewing the best water bottle for keeping drinks cold, we rated them on the following:
How Long Do Liquids Stay Cold?
- As you read in the title, this article is directly related to the best water bottle for keeping drinks cold. In this article, we review water bottles that keep drinks cold for 24 and up to 36 hours!
How Are The Water Bottles Keeping Liquids Cold?
- Companies are constantly reiterating their water bottle design to enhance performance. Some designs are better than others for keeping liquids cold. The most common design on the market today is the double-walled, vacuum insulated water bottle. Two walls, with a vacuum insulating layer in between, helps separate the surrounding climate from impacting the liquid temperature inside the water bottle.
- Lid design plays a large role in keeping liquids inside a water bottle cold. The body of the water bottle is typically manufactured as one piece without any separations. This is so no heat transfer from air entering or exiting the water bottle can occur. The lid, however, is usually the one place where air can enter or exit the water bottle, impacting the temperature inside.
- While researching water bottle lids we looked at the following, which all impact heat transfer:
- lid diameter vs. water bottle base diameter
- lid type (straw, air-sealed, flip cap, etc.)
Considering all that was discussed above, our top 5 picks reviewed in this article include water bottles from (1) Hydro Flask, (2) HYDRO CELL, (3) YETI, (4) Simple Modern, and (5) Iron Flask.
Some general details of each of the 5 best water bottle for keeping drinks cold can be seen in the comparison table below.
Scroll from right to left on a mobile device to view hidden table options.
|Type||Hydro Flask||HYDRO CELL||YETI||Simple Modern||Iron Flask|
|Hours Kept Cold||24||24||Unknown||36||24|
|Design||Double-wall vacuum insulated||Double-wall vacuum insulated||Double-wall vacuum insulated||Double-wall vacuum insulated, copper coated||Double-wall vacuum insulated|
|Size||32 oz - 40 oz||18 oz - 40 oz||26 oz||32 oz||32 oz|
Keep scrolling down to see detailed reviews and pictures of each water bottle.
1. Hydro Flask Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle
This wide mouth, stainless steel, vacuum insulated water bottle comes in two sizes: 32 oz (946 ml) or 40 oz (1180 ml).
The diameter is consistent amongst the two sizes, 3.56″ (9.04 cm), but the height differs, 9.1″ (23.1 cm) for the smaller size and 10.4″ (26.4 cm) for the larger.
The Flex Cap (included) is the most insulated lid that Hydro Flask offers, further protecting your drink from fluctuating outside temperatures. The carry loop is great for holding the water bottle by hand, or useful to clip to your backpack.
All wide mouth water bottles by Hydro Flask are also compatible with the Flip Lid, and Straw Lid, but these are sold separately. The Straw Lid allows you to sip the perfect amount of liquid without ever having to remove the lid.
However, it is not as insulated as the Flex Cap.
Some additional notable features for the Hydro Flask water bottle include:
- TempShield Technology – double-wall vacuum insulation ensures temperature regulation throughout the day
- Proprietary Powder Coat – easy to grip for all weather conditions
- Pro-Grade Stainless Steel – ensures there is no flavor transfer while also providing strength and durability
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the Hydro Flask water bottle.
2. HYDRO CELL Stainless Steel Water Bottle
Each HYDRO CELL stainless steel water bottle comes with two lids (1) an airtight wide mouth lid and, (2) a sports cap straw lid. It should be noted the straw lid is not completely airtight.
The stainless steel water bottle comes in various sizes including 18 oz (530 ml), 24 oz (700 ml), 32 oz (950 ml), and 40 oz (1200 ml).
The water bottle features a double-walled design to ensure there is no condensation. The outer coating is designed to be slip-resistant for use during all activities.
Some additional notable features for the HYDRO CELL water bottle include:
- Insulated Chamber – liquids stay cold for 24 hours
- High-Grade Material – 18/8 stainless steel, resistant to rust and atmospheric elements
- No Taste Transfer – taste only the liquid you are drinking, and nothing else
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the HYDRO CELL water bottle.
3. YETI Rambler 26 oz Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Bottle
The YETI Rambler is available in 18 oz (532 ml), 26 oz (769 ml), and 36 oz (1065 ml) sizes. However, in this article, we will be focusing on the 26 oz option that measures 10.5″ (26.7 cm) high and 3.5″ (8.9 cm) in diameter.
The Rambler is made from 18/8 kitchen-grade stainless steel. This means the water bottle is designed to be puncture and rust-resistant.
YETI guarantees no fading, peeling or cracking of the water bottle with their trademarked DuraCoat Color that is built to last.
A double-walled vacuum insulated chamber will keep your water cold for extended periods of time. The Ramblers are equipped with a 3 finger grip cap, that is both leakproof and insulated.
Some other notable features of the YETI Rambler water bottle include:
- Dishwasher Safe – no hand washing required
- Extra Wide Opening – designed for easy loading, drinking, and cleaning
- Vacuum Insulated – keeping drinks cold until the last sip
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the YETI Rambler water bottle.
4. Simple Modern Ascent 32 oz Water Bottle
Simple Modern has a whole line of insulated water bottle products to keep your drink cold for long periods. In this article, we will be discussing the 32 oz Ascent water bottle.
The Ascent is a double-walled and vacuum insulated water bottle. A vacuum seal in between the stainless steel walls keeps the bottles contents cold for up to 36 hours.
Included with the 32 oz (946 ml) bottle is the Simple Modern straw lid. This allows for easy drinking and makes for a leak-proof lid when the nozzle is closed.
It measures 9″ (22.9 cm) in height, a base diameter of 3.5″ (8.9 cm) and a mouth diameter of 1.88″ (4.8 cm). Weighing only 0.89 lbs (0.40 kg), the only downside is it does not fit in a standard-sized cup holder.
Additional notable features for the Simple Modern Ascent 32 oz water bottle include:
- Narrow Mouth Diameter Design – for maximum insulation
- Copper Coated Insulation – vacuum-sealed area is dipped in copper to minimize temperature transfer
- Sweat Free – no condensation build-up on the bottle exterior
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the Simple Modern Ascent 32 oz water bottle.
5. Iron Flask Sports 32 oz Water Bottle
The Iron Flask Sports water bottle can hold 32 oz (946 ml) of liquid and will keep it cold for up to 24 hours.
Constructed from 18/8 premium stainless steel, the bottle is 100% BPA free and guaranteed to not transfer taste. Like most 32 oz bottles, it measures 3.5″ (8.9 cm) in diameter at the base and 9″ (22.9 cm) tall.
It should be noted that 3.5″ base diameter is too large to fit in most standard-sized cup holders. Standard across all Iron Flask water bottles, the mouth opening diameter is 2.25″ (5.7 cm).
The Iron Flask bottle features an elegant powder coat exterior. Additionally, this also provides a practical slip-proof design for handling when sweaty.
As the Iron Flask is not dishwasher safe, the best way to clean it is to hand wash it with hot soapy water. If you are looking for the best way to clean your stainless steel water bottle, check out the recent article we wrote which reviews a simple procedure.
Other notable features of the Iron Flask water bottle include:
- 3 Lids – all purchases include a
- straw lid – not required to tilt bottle
- flip lid – great for hot drinks
- stainless steel lid – for wide mouth use
- Multi-Use – great for around the office, or an adventure outdoors, Iron Flask will keep your drinks cold in all scenarios
If we haven’t convinced you already, read the Amazon reviews to see what others love about the Iron Flask Sports 32 oz water bottle.
In this article, we researched and reviewed our top 5 picks for the best water bottle for keeping drinks cold. Our top 5 included water bottles from (1) Hydro Flask, (2) HYDRO CELL, (3) YETI, (4) Simple Modern, and (5) Iron Flask.
We rated the best water bottle for keeping drinks cold based on the following categories:
- How long do liquids stay cold?
- How are the water bottles keeping liquids cold?
- Lid design:
- the diameter of lid and
- lid type
For any comments, questions or feedback you might have, please send us a message through our contact form.
- The Link Between Dehydration And Joint Pain (Tips To Stop Pain)
- Best Water Bottles With Straws (Hydrate With These 8 Options)
- Best Way To Clean Stainless Steel Water Bottle (Step-by-Step)
- How Does Dehydration Affect Your Skin? (And Tips To Avoid It)
- Drinking Water In Mexico (Follow This Guide To Avoid Getting Sick)