Confused on if your water bottle mouthpiece is dishwasher safe? qunchingyourthirst.com has a simple procedure on how to clean your water bottle mouthpiece without using a dishwasher.
What You’ll Need To Clean Your Water Bottle Mouthpiece
To ensure you thoroughly clean your water bottle mouthpiece, we suggest using the following:
- Warm water
- Liquid dish soap
- Scrub sponge
- Straw brush – only required for additional step as seen below
Cleaning the Mouthpiece
- Fill your sink about one-quarter full of warm water.
- Squirt a small amount of liquid dish soap into the water.
- Place the mouthpiece in the soapy water for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Next, give the mouthpiece a good scrub with a damp scrub sponge, ensure you make contact with the whole surface area of the mouthpiece. This helps remove any grime that has built up during use.
- As an additional step, you can use a small bristle straw brush to clean the spout and drinking hole on the mouthpiece. Run a damp, soapy, straw brush up and down the inside of the drinking hole.
- Finally, hold the mouthpiece under flowing, warm water and rinse. Be sure to rinse until all soap-suds have been washed away.
Drying The Water Bottle Mouthpiece
After you have completed cleaning your water bottle mouthpiece as per the instructions above, place the mouthpiece on a drying rack or hand-towel. Within 30-minutes your mouthpiece will be dry.
Side Note – Mouthpiece Dishwasher Safe
Consult your water bottle manufacturer for confirmation, but as a side note, most water bottle mouthpieces are top-rack dishwasher safe.
In this article, we reviewed how to clean your water bottle mouthpiece. If you don’t have a dishwasher, or you are unsure if your water bottle mouthpiece is dishwasher safe, follow the simple procedure outlined above.
For any comments, questions or feedback you might have, please send us a message through our contact form.