Depending on the flavor you’re trying to achieve, there are endless possibilities of fruit infused water. Fruit-infused water is a great way to stay hydrated by adding taste to your water and health benefits to your diet. At quenchingyourthirst.com we have compiled a list fruits, and our 7 favorite recipes to answer the common question, what to put in a fruit infuser water bottle?
The quantities of fruit and water required will depend on the size of the container you will be using. If you’re looking for a strong taste, you’ll want to fill the chamber completely full with your choice of fruit.
If you don’t want an overpowering taste, you’ll want to fill the chamber only half full. However, there are no right or wrong answer to the amount of fruit required. If it is a little weak this time, add a little more fruit next time.
Popular Items Used In A Fruit Infuser Water Bottle
Below is a list of the more popular items used in a fruit infuser water bottle, and some of the benefits they provide.
- great for adding vitamin C to your diet
- the acid in limes improves digestion by helping to break down food, it can also help with heartburn and acid reflux
- contain antioxidants and are nutrient-rich
- nutrient-rich and provide a good dose of fiber
- high in vitamins and fiber
- high in nutrients, can help lower your blood pressure, contain antioxidants
- high in nutrients and vitamins
- contain amino acids and vitamins
- high in vitamin C, prevents skin damage
- a calming and soothing herb that helps improve digestion
- high in nutrients, contains antioxidants
- boots immune system and helps improve digestion
Top 7 Favorite Fruit Infuser Recipes
Below are our top 7 favorite fruit infuser recipes. Quantities required will differ depending on which fruit infuser water bottle you are using.
As a general rule, we like to fill the chamber with equal amounts of the different fruits required for each recipe. This helps create a balanced taste.
After adding all the ingredients, we recommend letting the water chill and infuse in the fridge for at least half-an-hour (30 minutes).
1. Lemon, Lime Water
- This is a classic, use equal parts lemon and lime. Very refreshing on a warm summers day.
2. Kiwi, Orange Water
- A semi-tropical fruit mixed with a citrus-fruit.
3. Raspberry, Watermelon Water
- A sweet mix of raspberry and watermelon.
4. Strawberry, Cucumber Water
- The freshness of the cucumbers mix great with the strawberry sweetness.
5. Blueberry, Orange Water
- Mixing the citrus orange and sweet berry juice makes this a very flavourful taste.
6. Mint, Blackberry Water
- Mint always provides a refreshing taste, the blackberries complement it well with sweetness.
7. Strawberry, Pineapple Water
- Does this remind you of somewhere tropical, maybe a beach? This is a great summer day beverage.
In this article, we reviewed popular items to put in a fruit infuser water bottle, as well as our top 7 favorite fruit infusion recipes.
For any comments, questions or feedback you might have, please send us a message through our contact form.